Acne is nothing short of a nightmare, acne is a common phenomenon in all ages but most common in teenagers. The word teenage acne has become very common, it starts at 11 and goes up to 25years and all teenagers have acne in their lives. The treatment of acne can be more effective if its causes are known. The main causes of teenage acne are:
- Hormonal changes at puberty
- Increasing sebum
The other causes of teenage acne are:
- Bad skin care
- Fatty and oily foods
- Walking in the sun
How to get rid of teenage acne?
Teenage acne can be treated effectively by maintaining a proper lifestyle, getting proper sleep and reducing stress level. Apart from these, there are various natural remedies that can effectively combat acne. The top 10 home remedies natural that can effectively cure acne are:
- Oatmeal- oatmeal can be used to combat acne. Mix oatmeal with milk and rub on the face to rid the face of excess oil and also unclog the pores and cleanse the dead skin. The unclogging of the pores prevents the oil accumulation and thereby reduces acne.
- Lime juice- the acidic capacity of lime juice effectively cleanses the skin and clears the pores and reduces the oil to cut down acne possibilities. Apply lime juice from a freshly cut lime and rinse it off after a while.
- Garlic- the antibacterial and anti-fungal property of garlic makes it an excellent acne combatant. Use freshly sliced garlic on the affected area to cure acne.
- Aloe Vera- aloe Vera gel if applied on the face can reduce acne and soothe the skin. Aloe Vera reduces oil and cools the skin and fights acne effectively.
- Fuller’s earth- fuller’s earth mask can reduce oil, unclog pores and thereby effectively fight acne.
- Corn flour starch- corn flour starch is another excellent homemade natural remedy for acne. A little bit of corn flour paste if applied on the affected area can suck out the oil and also unclog the pores, thereby curing the acne.
- Egg white- to prepare a mask from egg white separate the white of the egg and the yolk and apply it on the face. The action of egg white is multi-faceted. It cleans the pores, reduces sebum level, and soothes and rejuvenates the skin.
- Honey- this is another miraculous acne remedy out of your kitchen. Honey if applied regularly on the face can reduce oil levels and exfoliate the skin to reduce possibilities of acne. Moreover, honey gives an unequaled glow to the skin.
- Rose water- lack of proper cleaning of the face is a major cause of acne. If the skin is cleansed and pores unclogged acne can be kept at bay. Cleaning the face with rosewater can do a great deal. Rose water cleans the pores and unclogs them thereby preventing acne.
- Ice cubes- Ice cubes are the simplest yet one of the most effective ways to fight acne. Rubbing ice cubes on the face and especially on the affected area cools the skin, reduces inflammation and redness and also contracts the pores to reduce chances of acne.
Easy ways to rid yourself of the stubborn, pesky acne is lying in wait in your homes and kitchens, so without much ado take care of your skin and get the skin you deserve. So now you do not have to worry about how to get rid of teenage acne?